Clare's truthbomb time:
No one cares about your business.
But they should. Because you're doing some kickass stuff.
You're changing lives, changing your industry, or changing the world. Or hell, maybe you're just really, really great at what you do, you've gone all in with your business and you REALLY need it to work out. Hey, I've been there!
Your words, and your message really ARE the best way to make the right people care about you, your mission, and your business.
Only how do you find the best words? You need a wordsmith, right? Someone who's great with grammar and can work their way around a metaphor?
Not so much.
You don't need pretty words; you need words that are backed up by research, a hefty dose of psychology, and some solid-not-sleazy sales strategy.
You need words driven by ideas. You need words that get to the heart of what you do, that make people believe in you and that make people care.
Because anything else is just noise and oh boy, if there's one thing the internet doesn't need more of, it's noise.
Don't add to the noise!
You've put too much work into your business for it to just add to the anonymous roar of online messaging. And unless you're a whizz of a word wrangler with a background in sales and have plenty of spare time, the thought of writing your own copy is probably giving you palpitations.
What you need is someone to do it for you.
What you don't need is someone you have to micro-manage. Or someone who disappears without a trace for weeks on end leaving you shouting 'hellooooo?' into your inbox.
That stuff drives me up the wall too, so I promise you that's not the kind of show I run.
So that's what I won't do. Here's what I will do.
- I believe in clear communication - well, I would, wouldn't I? -so I'll keep you in the loop when we're working together. You'll know what you need to do and when and you'll know that I'll be doing exactly what I've promised too.
- I'll do what it takes to get the job done properly. If you know exactly what you need from me, great, I'll scoot off and get it done. If you don't, I'll help you take a deep dive into your business so we can figure it out together. Then I'll get it done.
- I won't be awkward. I know writers can have a bit of a…reputation. But, like you, I know that business is built on repeat clients so I make customer-relationships a priority. What that means is that I won't be a nightmare to work with and you won't have to find a new writer every time you launch a new campaign. And it means I get to see your business grow and thrive, which I LOVE.
- I'll deliver you copy or content that looks and sounds great AND that actually works.
- I'll find a way to make the right people really CARE about what you do. Because when they care about you and about what you do, they buy. And that's why you're here in the first place, right?