I am a registered sole trader operating as Clare Crossan. This policy describes how I protect and make use of the information you give me.
If you are asked to provide information, it will only be used in ways stated in this policy.
What information do I collect from you?
I collect the following minimal information:
- name/business name
- postal address
- email address
- business URL
- information relating to your enquiry (e.g. the nature and scope of your project)
How do I use this data?
The data I collect is used as follows:
- For essential internal business processes such as accounting/tax obligations
- To contact you in response to your enquiry or booking (e.g. provide you with a quote)
- To record your agreement to the terms and conditions of my business services
I will never use this data for marketing or promotion purposes without first receiving your permission (for example, to publish your testimonial on my website or social media channels), or unless you have signed up to be notified about a specific offer.
How do I collect your personal data?
I collect and store minimal information via the following forms:
- Blog signup form (via Mailerlite)
- Contact form (via WordPress)
- Email (via WordPress)
I will never lease, distribute or sell your information to third parties unless you give me written permission to do so, or I am required to do so by law.
How long do I keep your data for?
Because many of my customers and clients work with me more than once, I do not delete data unless specifically requested to do so.
HMRC requires me to keep records for ‘at least 5 years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year’
- All project-related files for ‘live’ projects are stored on a password-protected private computer.
- All emails for ‘live’ projects are stored on a password-protected private computer.
- I do not use cloud storage for client materials unless by prior arrangement (e.g. for the purpose of sharing files with clients or colleagues via Google Docs).
- I have taken steps to protect the security of information on my mobile phone and external hard drives.
- I have a security procedure in place that ensures all personal data is irretrievably wiped from all old devices before I dispose of them.
- Paper documents containing personal data (e.g. invoices) are kept within a locked filing cabinet and are shredded after the requisite retention period stipulated by HMRC
With whom is your data shared?
No one, unless you request that I do so in writing, or HMRC elects to audit my business. Personal Data will be disclosed to third parties or public officials only when it is required by law.
If you wish to contact me at any time regarding your personal data or you wish to be removed from my blog or newsletter sign up, you are welcome to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies & other tracking technology
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. If you choose not to accept cookies, you can disable them in your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions, such as commenting on blog posts.
|These cookies provide functionality that makes using my service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. They remember your name, email and web address in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time you leave a comment.|
|eucookielaw||This is set by the Jetpack plugin when you accept and close the Cookie banner. For your convenience it will remember your preference for the next 30 days. You can find out more about Jetpack cookies here.|
|__cfduid||The __cfduid cookie is set by Cloudflare and is used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID and does not store any personally identifiable information. You can find out more here.|
|Social media cookies||When you share my content on social media, these sites may place cookies on your device. I don’t control these cookies so please check the privacy policies of these third-party sites for information about these cookies.|